Monday, June 28, 2010

26 trix FINAL


Yo
So 26 trix final went down yesterday , the morning was windy as hell so no one rode , after lunch the wind died off a bit so we all went up and got some practice ,I wanted to get a few xtra tricks in the bag before my run and I 360'ed the hip before the 11metre  double that you had to hit PINNED  and came in a little slower than usual .... and I thought I would still sneak over ...WRONG haha , I came up short and ATE it so bad. the jumps were so hard and made of Gravel and I got carved up! there would have been bugger all left of me if it wernt for my mint 661 elbow and Knee pads ( cheers Worrals!) After having a breather for 10 minutes and getting my cuts bandaged up and duct taping my jeans back together it was back into it  to get ready for the final.
                          These 661 low profile elbow pads are amazzing! they saved my elbows and                                           I  didn't even know I was wearing them!
There were 15 guys in the final and every one was shredding! My 1st run was MINT , I laid down everything I wanted to nice and clean /smooth So I was stoked to have a good run in the bag. After everyone had done their 1st run I was sitting in 5th , which I was hella stoked on , every one  Really started going nuts in Run 2 , I had a few things up my sleeve for run 2 to up my score , I ended up drifting too far right on a flip table and ran into the rough stuff and lost my speed for the next set  , Dam it !
 I ended up 11th on my saftey run  which I was pretty happy with .  I was the only rider from pre Qual to make the finals so I was stoked on that.
 Cam Macaul took the win with a pretty dialed run , and Brandon 2nd ,Martin Sodrstrom 3rd Congrats Brahs!




It was a sick weekend all up , it was my fave comp so far because it had decent size jumps for a change ( as opposed to some of  the uphill/ soggy dirt/ bullshit setups I have ridden on this trip!) I think 26 trix is real MTB contest , Decent size jumps /down hill/at speed. the course is better to ride on a MTB cause its pretty rough and fast as hell . Its cool to see courses that are better to ride on a MTB than a BMX on some of these smaller courses its like you are sledge hammer to drive a tack!  . Big bikes, big wheels , big jumps.hit it PINNED Thats where its at I rekon! haha

No comments: