Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Italy King Of Dirt





After Nimis we headed to Lake Garda for the Italy King of dirt and and Night sprint 4x race. The events are set up at a bike trade show in Rive dal garda , so there are plenty of bike enthusiast’s floating around . I got in on the Thursday and hooked into some practice on the dirt jumps . they were simple as , and pretty fun. All the Events were the next day , I was rode pretty good in Dirt Quali and made the 10man final so I was stoked. I also qualified for the night sprint 4x aswell .All the events were under lights with a pretty decent crowd looking on . I nearly missed my first 4x heat because I couldn’t understand the announcer blurbing german over the mic . haha got there just in time. I raced a few heats and did some Gnarly overtaking manoeuvres and made the semi finals . haha I didn’t even expect to make the first heat! My semi race was pretty stacked with Rob J, Bear claw and the guy who won last year and me in the outside gate.I managed to get third on the heels of rob J . The Night sprint race was so fun and Im really pumped I raced!

Dirt final kicked of immediately after so I cut the numberplate of my Ducat and headed to the jumps . the lighting on the jumps wasn’t the best! I had a clean first run and got to loose on my 2nd and third runs , I ran out of landing barrel rolling the the last jump and ate it pretty hard . I got 9th overall in end .
It was so cool to have all the riding done on the Friday night , the next couple of days we just cruised around the trade show and I went for a ride with the Marzocchi crew on a 28 km DH run which was SICK.I got the last of the parts I needed to build up my Corsair Crown DH bike and it is HELLA TRICK! We also had a great night at the trade show party on sat night. All the booths put on free beer and food and everyone goes nuts! Sha and I had a go on the mechanical bull , Sha was actually pretty good ( better than me) So if you are in Italy when the Riva trade show is on I say GO THERE!




No comments: